More Recent Comments

Monday, December 18, 2006

Molecular Models

 
I often use molecular models to illustrate concepts in my biochemistry class. There are several types of models and the different types can be used for different purposes. For example, I have a big space-filling model of DNA that's very useful for understanding how sequences are read on double-stranded DNA.

I like ball-and-stick models for showing students how flexible small organic molecules can be in solution and for teaching stereochemistry. My favorite model is the Molecular Visions kit sold by a company called Darling Models Inc.

I logged on to the website and charged it to my credit card. The package arrived the following week.

Last night my wife was looking over our credit card statement to see if one of her charges had gone through. She noticed that I had charged $41 to Darling Models Inc.


It took some explaining. I'm still not sure if she believes me. I hope she reads this and follows the link.

No comments :